The calls for nominations for the 2017 Elinor Ostrom and 2017 Ronald Coase Awards are now open.
The Elinor Ostrom Lifetime Achievement Award:
- For sustained and significant academic contributions to institutional and organizational economics. It is open to anyone.
- Recommendations may come from current and former SIOE officers and Board members, as well as members of the academic community who are not linked to SIOE.
- Nominations must include an electronic letter detailing the reasons for the nomination and a copy of the CV of the nominated individual.
- The submission deadline is April 30th.
- Submissions should be sent to the SIOE Secretary, Giorgio Zanarone, at email@example.com.
The Ronald H. Coase Dissertation Award:
- Anyone may nominate a dissertation.
- Candidates will be asked to submit a 5 page abstract and have sent (under separate cover) a letter from an advisor or Ph.D. committee member explaining the contribution of the dissertation.
- The Award Committee will review entries and choose a shortlist of finalists. Finalists will be required to submit their full dissertation, from which the Committee will choose a winner
- To be eligible, the PhD would have to be awarded in the calendar years 2015 or 2016
- The result will be announced at the SIOE meeting in June
- Deadline for submission is April 30th.
- Submissions should be sent to the chair of the Coase Award committee, Joanne Oxley, at firstname.lastname@example.org