By Bentley MacLeod
This year the Society for Institutional and Organizational Economics calls for nominations for the 2018 Douglass North and 2018 Ronald Coase Awards.
The Douglass North Best Book Award
- For the best book in institutional and organizational economics published in the calendar years 2016 or 2017.
- The entry must have been published in English by a recognized press.
- Nominations may come from any academic other than the author(s) of the work, and must include a letter explaining the reasons for the nomination.
- Nominations must include an electronic copy of the book’s front matter (title page, copyright page, preface, and table of contents).
- Copies of the top three short listed books may be requested by the committee from the Press, the author, or the nominator.
- The Award Committee will review submissions and pick the winner.
- The submission deadline is April 15th, 2018.
- Submissions should be sent to the SIOE Secretary, Prof. Giorgio Zanarone, at email@example.com.
The Ronald H. Coase Dissertation Award
- Anyone may nominate a dissertation.
- Candidates will be asked to submit a 5 page abstract and have sent (under separate cover) a letter from an advisor or Ph.D. committee member explaining the contribution of the dissertation.
- The Award Committee will review entries and choose a shortlist of finalists. Finalists will be required to submit their full dissertation, from which the Committee will choose a winner.
- To be eligible, the PhD would have to be awarded in the calendar years 2016 or 2017.
- The result will be announced at the SIOE meeting in June 2018.
- Deadline for submission is April 15th, 2018.
- Submissions should be sent to the chair of the Coase Award committee, Prof. Nan Jia, at Nan.Jia@marshall.usc.edu.
Please see the Society's website for more information, including information on the Elinor Ostrom Award that will be assigned next year: www.sioe.org. For more information on the awards offered by the Society see https://www.sioe.org/sioe-awards.